Thursday, June 21, 2012

Honeymoon #2

I have decided to declare each trip we go on a "honeymoon". I mean, they are all the same thing, right? Time together away from home free to enjoy each other- a honeymoon. :) So, for honeymoon #2 we are heading back to the same region as honeymoon #1 (read more on it here and here). Here's a little sneaky peek of the cabin we've rented:

Image Source

Beautiful, right?! We are so stinkin' excited!! I cannot wait to take my morning coffee and go sit out on that porch in one of those rocking chairs and spend some time with the Lord. I cannot wait to share homemade breakfast with my lovie in the breakfast nook surrounded by windows that make you feel like you're in a treehouse. I cannot wait to curl up in front of that fireplace and watch movies with my hubby. I cannot wait to relax with a book or magazine in the jacuzzi beside our bed. I cannot wait to enjoy the hot tub out on the deck surrounded by the gorgeous view. Ahhh I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Before we can spin some tires up outta this mug, we gotta pack. Ugh. I grew up with divorced parents and wen to my dad's house most weekends, so packing became second nature to me pretty early in life. I hate packing now, so to try and make it a little more fun and motivating I thought I'd share my packing list with you-

We will be gone for 4 days and 3 nights and this should be plenty to keep our bellies and wallets full and in clean clothes. Hopefully if you're not used to packing this list will help you gauge what you may need for your summer trip! I'm off to finish cleaning the house so our friend Erin who will be animal sitting for us feels welcome and comfortable and then to do the laundry and get us all packed up!

When you hear from me again I'll be sharing all the pictures and fun we had during our time away. :)

Until then,

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! That looks like the cabin we were thinking of renting for our Honeymoon #2 next month!! Can't wait to see pics of what you did!! (Oh, can you message me the info on the cabin?) Thanks!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!! It was small but so perfect and the owners of the cabin even called the first night to make sure we were settled in okay. :) If you click the link under the picture it will bring up the web page and you can put in the dates you want to go and it will total everything up for you! It wasn't too much more than what we paid for a hotel in the same area last year and the space/privacy and relaxation were waaaaay worth it!!!!

    ReplyDelete