So, if you just read that and could nod in agreement, you will appreciate this recipe!! It was so good, easy to make, totally good for you, and my
The English have it right with Shepherd's Pie. You take what you've got, throw it together and chow down! I love all things English, but they make their Shepherd's Pie with lamb. Sorry, that's not how I roll. However I brilliantly put together a scrumptious concoction nonetheless, with the wonderful Brits as my inspiration. :)
Andrea's Not-So-Shepherd-But-Totally-Yummy Pie
(I thought long and hard 'bout that one!)
1 lb. ground turkey
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 can of corn
Mashed potatoes (You can use one microwaveable package or if you're fancy, 2-4 potatoes peeled boiled and mashed)
1 cup cheddar cheese (or 3/4 depending on how much you like cheese. We couldn't live without it)
*Preheat oven to 375
1. Brown turkey in a pan. Season with salt and pepper (optional). Stir in 1/2 the packet of brown gravy mix. Do NOT add water. The gravy mix is to season the turkey. Pssst- It's a secret ingredient to this recipe's yummy goodness! Be sure to cook the turkey all the way through.
2. Prepare mashed potatoes according to your preference
3. Open the can of corn (Hey I'm just trying to be thorough :P)
4. In an oven safe dish, spread the turkey on the bottom.
5. Spread the corn on top of the turkey.
6. Spread the potatoes on top of the corn (Are we seeing a pattern, people?!)
7. And finally, sprinkle the cheese on top.
Cook in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted completely.
And there you have it! Trust me, you'll wanna make this all time- I sure do. It's super easy and a definite crowd pleaser. The turkey is figure friendly, and using low fat cheese will make it even more so. You can also use beef if you'd like and if you're feeling particularly fond of that awesome place over the pond, feel free to use lamb as well! Let me know if you try this and if you like it or come up with a variation of it- we'd love to try it for sure. :)
Until next time,