Monday, June 27, 2011

Souvenirs

Tonight I am type-typing away in my new, sooo cozy, comfortable bed and surrounded by the incredibly beautiful (pictures will come!) mahogany bedroom suit Josh's wonderful parents bought us. It was a surprise wedding present for me. Josh knew about it. We came home from our honeymoon- I was anticipating a dreadful clearing out of junk from the bedroom floor left due to my hurry to be on time for my own wedding. Instead, I opened the door to my our bedroom to find a stunning new queen sized bed with brand new furniture. All I could do was look at Josh and cry out of surprise and happiness. I could go on and on, but tonight's blog post is about some very special souvenirs we brought home from our honeymoon.

One of the most exciting stops for me was at The Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge. I was hoping to find a special ornament that could serve as a memento of this special time in our lives. What we ended up choosing was better than what I could have ever hoped for; because they are the beginning of not only our little family, but a tradition. :)

We could not resist this sweet paw print for our babies. We missed them for sure!



We decided on a girl moose and boy moose!! Plus, our wedding date on the bottom!
With the names and years on our new little ornaments, I'm hoping they will become a yearly tradition that will cover our Christmas tree years down the road. And who knows, maybe in a couple years we will have to upgrade to 3 or 4 moose instead of just two. :)


While we were waiting on my favorite souvenir from the trip, Josh left my side with 51 cents and came back with this! I've always loved flattening pennies as little souvenirs and it's super cool that the first one I ever got as a child I did in Gatlinburg; which is where we were when he made this one. It will stay with me forever.

Finally...


Call me sentimental, but I have ALWAYS wanted one of these! I gave Josh my sweetest smile and asked him if we could have one. He was more than obliging and we picked out the shape of wood and I got to tell the nice (albeit scary-looking) wood carving man what I wanted it to say. Now, I'm not so sure we are going to be able to hang it on our vinyl siding, but I'm hoping we can figure something out to hang it near our front door. It really made me proud and helped me feel like an Atkins! (Cause trust me, this name change thing is weird!)

We have lots of pictures that I can't wait to cherish and look back on as we remember this very sweet time of our lives, but these are the souvenirs that mean the most to me. Since they are so special I thought I'd share them with y'all. Enjoy!

Until next time,
-Mrs. A :)

1 comment:

  1. Andi so sweet. I hope you guys have a wonderful tradition of going to Gatlinburg every year. I am glad you are enjoying Married Life I am glad you had a wonderful honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete