Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cheer!

No, not the laundry detergent. Or the short skirted, toe touch & high five variety.

I am talking about CHRISTMAS CHEER my good people!!!!!

I adore this time of year. Lights, the excited faces of Santa and elves and snowmen and sweet mooses (yes, I am a firm believer that moose should have an 's' on the end if its plural- don't judge), and just an overall sigh of relief that another hard year is almost over. Cozy nights and a fresh start are around the corner.

To celebrate the Christmas season, I created a (reusable!) wreath. I got the twig wreath at a thrift store for 60 cents, bought a few embellisments and a letter at Walmart for less than $7.00 all together. So with a little ingenuity and some hot glue,  this is a less than $10 wreath to hang on our door and welcome this wonderful time of year! (Plus, I can take the greenery out and recycle it for Spring, Summer, and Fall too!! Booyah!)

I used a lighter to burn the edges of the 'A' and shabby it up a little bit. :)

The burlap holding the wreath is cut from burlap used in our wedding as the runner.


So, Merry Christmas from the busy Atkins household to yours!!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment