Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Heart of the World

Wow. Just wow. The past 6 months have absolutely flown by. Truth be told, some days seemed like they would never end and hours passed like incredibly awkward moments. All in all, though, it's hard to believe Josh and I have already been married for six months!! I have heard from many friends and family members that the first year of marriage is the hardest- Lordy I hope so! From injuries to new jobs to important things in the house breaking, these six months have been full of trials and errors and fights and feuding and the butting of heads. Many of the highlights are found here on this blog- a living memory book for us to look back and remember the feelings, emotions, and moments that are so special to us; good and bad. That being said, I will also say there were definitely days I wanted to run away and forget I had ever attempted this thing called marriage. And one time I did. Hahaha! I was so mad at my poor husband I led him to believe I was taking trash to the garage and I left! I drove around for about an hour with no idea where I was or where I was going. I ended up going back home. And we talked, and we worked things out. But the fact of the matter is marriage is not easy.

So, Andrea, why even go at it? Why try? I'm so glad you asked. :) God brought Josh and I together. Forever. We promised in front of our cherished friends and family members to love each other through good and bad, thick and thin, and use our marriage to better serve and bring praise to the name of God. Oh, what about the love and passion? I'm glad you asked that as well! I love him. Period. He loves me. Period. Although sharing chores and paying bills doesn't always lend itself to heated passion, we've got it for sure! And there is something about true love between a man and a woman that even when you detest the thought of even being in the same room as your spouse, you still feel your heart crack at the thought of never waking up to that sleepy smile or feeling those arms around you ever again.

You're sorry you asked now, aren't you?? Enough with the mushy gushy already!! Okay, okay. Basically, even though life these first sixth months has been less than desirable financially and circumstantially, we are still incredibly blessed to be able to wake up next to each other and choose to love. We are blessed with a good sense of humor to look back on our misfortune and laugh together, enjoying our current Pax Romana. There's no telling how long this time of calm and balance will last, but we are enjoying it and soaking up every. last. second. of it. 

I found this song on Spotify and cried my eyes out. Maybe it's my hormones still working themselves out, or PMS, or maybe I just really love Josh so much that the words of this song go straight to my ticker. It also reminds me of the reason we are all held hostage by the magic and twinkling lights and wonder of this beautiful time of year. There was a baby in a feeding trough, wrapped in cloth, being kept safe in a cave that housed animals. His mother gave birth to him a virgin, and His earthly father stood watch with pride. Jesus is the reason this season brings out the sap in me.  A sinless man loving a sinful world. Warms me up from the inside out, people! I would not be who I am- strong, independent, in love, joyful, hopeful- without the precious sacrifice that baby made as a man!! I'd love to tell you my story. You just need ask.

Enjoy. :)
 

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment