Friday, May 17, 2013

The Rocket Summer

A band called The Rocket Summer stumbled into my life 4 years ago around this time when I was on my way to my very first job interview. I was so nervous and was spending the drive praying with my fingers trembling on the steering wheel. Then this song came on the radio randomly.


God reassuring me from above that He had me in the palm of His hand and all I needed to do was be brave. I got that job. And later I had to be brave again. He came through again.

This afternoon working in my classroom I had forgotten all about this band and after a long hard (but still very fun) week I looked up this song that started it all for me. After it was over, another one played. And I stopped in my tracks at the lyrics, moved deeply for the first time in a very long time. A perfect reminder-

"And greatness isn't what you think it's not being up on that silver screen.
It's not convincing people you don't fall apart.
It's just loving and serving and being who you are.

You were made in an image of greatness.

Just for a moment start to forget about the scars and forget who you think you are. Don't say another word. You're meant for greatness.
Just for a moment start to forget about the scars and forget who you think you are. All the fear within your world, you can take it... "


Have a listen. Be moved. And have an awesome weekend!




-A

No comments:

Post a Comment