Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Summah of Slacking

I have t-minus 5 days to enjoy my last bits of summer. At the beginning (which seems like just yesterday!!!) I had a very ambitious to do list. How much of that have I gotten done?

... not much.

This summer, though, has truly felt like summer to me. Lazy days, enjoying time catching up on TV and taking naps, going shopping, visiting family, and of course spending lots of quality time with my sweetie.

A little photo summary of my laid back summer leave:

I crafted a fun summer wreath!

We got to foster this darling. She was one of our favorites and hard to give back!

I snagged this diamond in the rough for $20 at a Salvation Army

After sanding, staining, and sealing, she's right at home in our living room.

I love minions and am clumsy. The movie was awesome.

This nugget and his red mohawk makes me so happy.
This purchase was unexpected, but we feel fortunate for the blessing of a family vehicle!

Tradition- Joel's Fourth of July Extravaganza did not disappoint. :)

Baby brother hung out for a few days. We always use him as an excuse to go to Frankie's. :)

Sibling love at the Drive game

Twinsies.

This man. I am truly the luckiest girl in the world.

He and our foster left on the same day. I was very sad. And bored.
There was the day we took down the cabinet to open up the kitchen some. And found a hole.  A large one.

Thank the Lord for these!

I had to go back and buy better spackle.

You'd never know now though. :)

Staycation Date Day- Bowling!

Warning- eyes smaller than they appear.

I'm horrible at it, but I love bowling.

Greasy pizza and Dr. Pepper. Perfect.

Happy birthday to me!

My birthday present from Josh!!

He had no idea I'd want it inside. We love it though!

Second cousin hugs and kisses
One word to describe this summer- wet. Flooded at a gas station.

My baby sister's pride and joy- Buttermilk

I loved meeting sweet Grayson and playing with Hannah!!

There's been lots of this.

Holy spa pedicure, Batman.

Love.the.hot.towels.

I work out.

This spoiled boy hasn't been feeling good. Extra snuggles help.


So, although I have yet to wield a paintbrush in the rooms I said I would- I still feel like I got to do a lot. And it was fun. And relaxing. So now I soak up the last few days of this bliss before the chaos of a brand new school year sets in.

source

Until next time,

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment