Monday, November 14, 2011

Mental Block

Yeah... pretty much. The words mental block really do kind of capture how I've been feeling toward blogging lately. It's not that I don't want to do it; it's just trying to come up with things that are exciting enough to gush about on here for all of the world and my sweet friends/family to see has been pretty difficult lately. Maybe if I ramble something will come of this. Maybe my block can build a castle. Tee hee hee.

It's getting to be that time of year that I ADORE. Autumn. I love it so much!! There's something about that first good chilly day that makes you slow down for a second and take a deep breath. You feel like you can breathe again!! I smile to myself as I drive to work and see the gorgeous trees proudly showing their robes of red and gold. Man what a beautiful time of year! Oh, and the baking. I love to bake and I love the flavors of Fall: pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, hot chocolate, apple cider, yum yum yum!!!

Something that has been super special this year is our very first fire in our fireplace:
I love fires!!!!! Safe and in their proper place, of course! Josh has done a wonderful job of burning us  some very cozy coals. Not to mention the sultry romance a warm fire brings to a home. :)

With this time of year we remember the things in life that really count; and ironically those tend to be the things that are free: long conversations with old friends over coffee, mornings snuggled with your soul mate dreaming of the future and things to come, cold football games cheering on the old alma mater (and my little brother. \o/ Go PJ!), crunching leaves as you plod down the sidewalk; and let's face it- going out of your way to step on the super crunchy ones, and spending time with loved ones surrounded by a Thanksgiving day parade or football game and tons of food or even glittering trees and presents wrapped in colorful paper, soaking in the last days of the year, listening to the Christmas story, or 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.

Something about this time of year is just so... perfect.

I guess what they say is true: It's not about the number of breaths you take, but about moments that take your breath away.

I hope you all are enjoying this delicious time of year!! Hug the ones you love and hopefully you will hear more from me soon-- I have more pinteresting things and recipes to share!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment