Sunday, January 13, 2013

One Last Little Bit of Cheer

It's not too late to share a little more holiday cheer is it?

Good.

I thought I'd share my favorite parts of our holiday decor as well as some shots from New Year's. I've got some awesome projects from my holiday break to share in the coming weeks, but first thing's first!



Our Mantle- Our lighted garland, picture frames, and stocking hangers are from Walmart (clearance after Christmas 2011). The moose came from Burke's outlet (regular price, Christmas 2011), the figurines from the dollar tree (some time in college), the pinecone candlesticks and red candles came from Hobby Lobby (Black Friday sale 2012), and the small trees (bottom left) came from Target (clearance after Christmas 2011). I sewed the stockings using purchased flannel, leftover scrap green checked fabric, and burlap from our wedding. You can read more about that over on my Burlap Project page. :)


Lighted Village- I am so excited to start a little village! I love all things miniature! I got the coffee shop as a Christmas gift this year and picked up the trees, lamp post, and sweet newlyweds (aw!) after Christmas on clearance from Walmart.

 


Nativity- Our nativity is simple and one piece, and I love that about it. I made the printable (I'd love to email you a copy! Just drop me a comment. :D ) and the sweet figurine came from Burke's outlet (Christmas 2010). 


Our Tree- The tree (Target clearance after Christmas 2010) is a collection of childhood/sentimental ornaments, ornaments on clearance from Walmart and Target, garland from Target and Garden Ridge, ribbon from Michaels, picks from Hobby Lobby, Target, & Michaels, and the tree skirt is from Ross (Christmas 2010). 


 Sweet moose couple came from Burke's outlet (Christmas 2011).


Centerpiece- Cranberry candle holder was a Goodwill find, the salt and pepper shakers came from Cracker Barrel (99 cents a piece!), and the tealight votives were bought on sale at Michaels this year.

 



 Stove- Snowman/Santa figurine is an old decoration from my childhood, the gold glitter tree came from Dollar Tree some time in college (circa 2008), the snowman teapot is from ABC Distributing, the snowflake cookie cutters are from walmart, the santa spoon holder came from Dollar Tree I think, and the printables I got from blogs I found through a Pinterest search.

We spend New Year's with some family and had a blast watching the Clemson game (I'm pretty certain my husband cried... he won't admit but I'm almost certain he was overcome with emotion! Haha!) and I played with the 'fireworks' setting on my camera and got some pretty awesome photos of the action-






The last one is my favorite. :)

I hope your new year has been full of promise and potential!

Until next time,

-A


No comments:

Post a Comment